When the Cyclone starts
To prepare for a flood, you should:
- Listen to the radio (All India Radio stations give weather warnings).
- Keep monitoring the warnings. This will help you prepare for a cyclone emergency.
- Pass the information to others.
- Ignore rumours and do not spread them; this will help to avoid panic situations.
- Believe in the official information
- When a cyclone alert is on for your area continue normal working but stay alert to the radio warnings.
- Stay alert for the next 24 hours as a cyclone alert means that the danger is within 24 hours.
The actions that need to be taken in the event of a cyclone threat can broadly be divided into
- Immediately before the cyclone season
- When cyclone alerts and warnings are communicated
- When evacuations are advised
- When the cyclone has crossed the coast